Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again


I can delay no longer, today I pack (ugh).. I am such a grouch when it comes to our annual family holiday, I pretend it's not going to happen until the day before we leave, then I run around like a headless chicken in a mad scramble to get everything together.

Oh sure, I have a fine old time of it once we get there, it's just the thought of getting there that gives me the screaming heebie-jeebies. How the hell do I know which shoes I'll need over there? They all come. My eldest daughter agrees, all hers come too. After huge negotiation, I've overruled the majority decision to leave my laptop behind, but have conceded to take the old, clunky one (with the screen that freezes every ten minutes) along instead. Not that I expect to get a signal mind (sob), but I might manage to squeeze in a little writing now and then.


It's going to be hot, hot, hot (far too hot) in Greece, but as the drinks will be free on tap I guess I'll survive. (Note to self: don't forget to pack the Alka Seltzers.) Anyways, eight days is a long time to suck your tummy in by the pool, I'll need to escape to the sanctuary of my room every couple of hours just so's I can breathe out again..
So, watch this space, in those immortal words, "I'll be back!".

20 comments:

SJ said...

Happy big fat greek vacation !

pat houseworth said...

Vacation? I thought you were meaning "Drinks"? Heck that is all year round for me and my circle.....

;)

Have a great vacation....even though they can be a hassle.

Akelamalu said...

Oh I wish I was going again!

Have a great time, bring some sun back with you will you please?

CHEWY said...

Shrinky,
Enjoy the sun, enough of pissing skies... and the food, and the scenery. Perhaps a nice jacuzzi will be available to soak in. Don't forget your camera! I'll be missing you.

Hilary said...

Have a great one! :)

imbeingheldhostage said...

I could suck my tummy in for eight days of the pool was in Greece! Wow. Have a wonderful time!!

Les Becker said...

Augh! Greece?! Trade with me. I'm supposed to be packing EVERYTHING for the move down the street. Ky's ready to go. I've packed. One. Box. It was not shoes.

Jules~ said...

Oh my goodness....an annual vacation to Greece? How cool is that?! I am excited for you and can't wait to hear the details.

Alex L said...

Have a good one Shrinky, I hope you and all your shoes make it back safely.

Fletch said...

ΕΥΤΥΧΕΙΣ ΔΙΑΚΟΠΕΣ

I think it means "Happy Holidays", but it's all Greek to me ... !!

Suldog said...

Have a wonderful time! I find it hard to believe that a sexy doll like you would have to suck in her stomach by the pool, though. You're just trying to make us feel better about ourselves, right? ;-)

Jay said...

I bet you have a great time! Why do you need all those shoes? Just a couple of pairs of sandals and a swimsuit, surely? LOL!

See ya when you get back!

CJ said...

Have a wonderful vacation. I'm looking foward to reading about your adventures in Greece.

Kit Courteney said...

Jealous!

:0o

CrazyCath said...

I hope you have a fandabbydozey time girl! Greece. Oh.... Greece. You lucky lucky thing. How I miss it. :(

I'll miss your blogging too. So here's hoping you get to internet cafes.

See you in a week or so when you're sun tanned and relaxed!

i beati said...

with lots of fun stories - how was sis's visit?? sk

Carol said...

Oh my! I know the feeling of the dreaded packing. I usually end up with a migraine....and way too many shoes! I hope you're enjoying all of it....and of course, the drinks!! Cheers!

BRUNO said...

"Gonna be hot, in Greece..."

Yeah, there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'll spare you the pain...!

CHEWY said...

I'm watching this space... nothing's happened yet. I hope you are in a warm and sunny place with sand between your toes.

Easybreathingfella said...

Moan, moan,moan, that's all you girls do on the build up to the jollies.
Lay back relax soak up the sun,let Al flex his muscles on the beach and let the kids get sand in their toes.
Whilst you get slowly stoned on the Ouzo, but word to the wise don't get to pisso on the Ouzo.

Have a great time, and stop blooming moaning.

Keith x