Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Six Things You Never Knew About Me
Eeeeeeek! I've been tagged by Debs to come up with six witty, fascinating and little known facts about myself. Naturally, this has opened up a huge gaping black hole where my brain used to sit, but seeing as how you are generally such a forgiving lot, I'll press on anyway.
Okay, rules; This is the part where I'm meant to say "Here come the boring bits", but, er, I'd urge you to read on before deciding.
1. Link to the person that tagged you - i.e. me
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write six random things about you in your blog post
4. Tag six people in your post
5. Let each person know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
Sheesh, they don't ask for much, do they?
1) I grew up believing my mother was in the Secret Service. It wasn't until I got older that I found out she was nuts.
2) Due to having my knuckles rapped by a ruler every time I picked up a pencil with my left hand, I'm now ambidextrous. (Wonder where that inspired teacher is now?)
3) I'm also double-jointed and VERY flexible (wink).
4) At fifteen I left home to never return.
5) I met my hubby through an ad I placed in "Time Out", a weekly "What's on in London" magazine.
6) In my twenties, I was a card carrying member of the Green Party, manned a phone line for the Samaritans (a suicide helpline. Um, maybe I should clarify, not a helpline to assist them topping themselves, more like a concerned person trying to talk them out of it, though I have to confess I wasn't usually that successful) and volunteered ten hours a week at a nursing home for the terminally ill. Yeah, I was a regular bundle of laughs back then, it's little wonder I had to advertise to find a hubby..
So, eeny-meeny-miny-moe, start squirming folks, this is where I choose some random victims to pick up the slack (oh, stop that, do you really think avoiding eye-contact is about to help you?).
4) The Ak-Man
C'mon guys, make me proud!