Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pills and Pantie Raids

I was gone half an hour. What is it about cartridge pens he finds so irresistible? The blue paw-prints led me to here.

Little wonder he looks so peaceful, he's also had a mad "tear-out-the-crotch-of-the-panties" frolic (which at the time of taking this I had yet to discover). He molested virtually every pair of knickers/shorts our family owns, my favourite bra is now "peep-hole".

Strewn shreds lay scattered across his poo patch like as in the morning after an outdoor free-for-all, take-one-get-ten-free, crazed street orgy (I would, um, imagine).

Bob T. Bear Esq. would have been proud.

I blame Matt. He interrupted me for a lift mid-way through my sorting the undie and sock basket out. No hound is to be trusted before his beach-run.

Talking of Matt, the other morning he pointed out it might be about time I stopped standing over him at breakfast 'til he swallows his vitamin pills.

(Me, arms folded) "You lot are not to be trusted, they end up in the bin."

(Matt "The Almost, But Not Quite Yet Adult", rolling eyes ) "Mum, I am eighteen in a few months!"

(Me, smugly) "Aye, and a fine strapping specimen too you are, thanks to all the supplements I've been feeding you."

Still, even I could see he had a point. I've reluctantly taken to only forcing these horse-sized pills down the throats of his younger, hence weaker, siblings of a morn.

So you can imagine my surprise then, when what did I only stray across today, laid out by his sink?

Teehe, yup, only three bottles of the self same vitamins he so steadfastly "refuses" to take.

Teenagers, awwwww - don't ya' just luv 'em?

Well sorry, but I can't stay gassing on here all day long, I have a serious pants shop to attend to.

20 comments:

simon said...

xx

Suldog said...

Sorry to hear about your knickers. It would have made a better post, though, if you had modeled a pair - just so we could have a visual of the damage, of course.

Fletch said...

Suldog the optimist (chuckle...)!

But you may as well take his 'hidden' advice and buy crotchless right from the start.

This brings to mind a matelot mate of mine, but the story is better 'told' rather than 'written' ...

mrsnesbitt said...

Blue is definately his colour! Really brings out the golden brown of his coat! lol!

jay said...

You bribed him to do it, didn't you? Just so you could go out and buy a whole new wardrobe of underwear! LOL!

Silly dog. Blue paws, huh? I hope he didn't swallow too much. ;)

Akelamalu said...

Well look on the bright side - you get new underwear and you have a unique dog sporting blue boots! LOL

chewy said...

Another PotD? (shove)

Shrinky said...

Aw, simon (toes curling..) x

Suldog, I had just said the exact same thing to hubby, but the funny thing is - when I went off to hunt out a pair, I found they had all mysteriously up and disappeared. Shrug.

Aw Fletch, come on - you cannot leave it at that - spill! We want to hear it, don't we folks? As for that other suggestion - oh wouldn't it be fun to see Nutty Nora's face, as I pegged some of those on the line?

Denise, he refuses to go in the bath, and I sure as hell can't lift him. Least it's fading with every swim in the sea - wink.

Jay, something good will come of it, that's for sure. Smile. As for him, he seems none the worse for it (rolling eyes).

Aw Chewy, how sweet of you, you gonna' nominate me? (Evil cackle)

Thumbelina said...

Teenagers and dogs - can't trust 'em!
You know Carol - I don't know how I have missed your blog, but I have missed it! Sorry about that. I will try and catch up and eat humble pie.
I mean, it's not as if I never needed my regular dose of Shrinky. *sigh* I now know what the twitch was - Shrinky withdrawal!

I'm cured!!!!!!

FrankandMary said...

He looks a little drunk in the picture too. Did you check the liquor cabinet? ~Mary
ps As for Matt, I think I'd be more inclined to gag on my pills under a watchful eye, just sayin'.

Mushy said...

What...no photos of the panties!

Lovely story on which to end the day.

Lover of Life said...

That is one naughty dog! He certainly couldn't deny the deed, could he? And for the knickers - why do some dogs do that and others don't? I've had both kinds.

Daryl said...

Oh I felt a pang when I read he ate your favorite bra ... the knicker are easy to replace, a favorite bra .. well .. I hope you did find another.

Congrats on David's POTD . .I know it was days ago but I am a sloth

Scott from Oregon said...

Well, if he ate the elastic in the knickers too, (your bloomers do have elastic, right?) then you can more easily pick up his poo out in the yard and fling it at your enemies...

Deb said...

Hi ~ I am back from my blogging break and I couldn't wait to catch up on all you have been doing. My dog enjoys running out in the yard with our underwear in his mouth - and in the Spring time, after the snow melts, I have to go around and pick up underwear and socks before the neighborhood knows too much information! :) I'll be back to visit soon.

Shrinky said...

Hey there Thumbalina, so good to see you again! Welcome back to the blog, I think we all need to step out once in a while, don't we?

Hi Mary, nah he always looks drunk, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. And yeah, you may have a good point there about Matt!

Hello Mushy, ah - modesty prevented me (grin).

Lover of Life, what gets me is that these undies were CLEAN - sheesh!

Ha, Daryl, a woman who understands! I am still looking hon, wish me luck..

Yewuch, Scott - you are an evil man! (Giggle)

Good to see you back Debs. Haha, it's comforting to know it's not only me this happens to.

SJ said...

Maybe he is an aspiring fashion designer? Remodelling underwear, experimenting with colo(u)rs you know.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

WA-HEYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
THROW MY ARMS UP AT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

:@D

~Babs said...

Aw, how can a knicker thief possibly be so cute? I guess it's the blue paws that does it.

imbeingheldhostage said...

But he looks so peaceful...