Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Drum Roll, please..

book

Woo-hoo, Chewy, the wonderfully multi-talented artist/author, has just launched her first ever Critter book!  To celebrate, I thought I’d run us a fun, caption competition.  The wittiest entrant will receive their very own FREE copy of this delightful, light-hearted gem, something to love and treasure for always.

Want to see what all the fuss is about?  Take a further sneak preview here.

Coupling her distinctive art to original, charming verse, Chewy’s vibrant keen, colory critters virtually leap, sizzling, from the page - each unique, quirky personality has totally captured my heart.  I simply love, love, love this book and so will you, I’m telling ya’, it totally and absolutely rocks!

In case you haven’t realised it yet (insert wry smile), I am so very, hugely proud of our dearest Chewy, and I’m guessing I speak for many in offering her my warmest congratulations, wishing her every success, with her bright, excitng launch of this dazzling new venture.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff (wiping an eye), time to get down to business.  I’m making it easy; here are two very different photo’s, (feel free to select both, but even just one caption on either will include you in the give-away) one, (A),  is of my sweet, but dumber than the dumbest blond, mutt Jake, and the other, (B),  is of a very young Prince Charles, talking to his team-mate, during the half time break at a Polo match.

dog_2  

charlie

C'mon, make me smile!

The wittiest, winning caption will be announced on Monday, and a copy of  "Keen Colory Critter’s" will wing it’s way forward, soon as I receive the address where to send it.

Have fun!

31 comments:

jinksy said...

(A) Is that a mer-dog I see before me?

jinksy said...

(B) "I am the Lord of the Dance!" said he. "Let's try it again - step, side , together..."

Akelamalu said...

A)That's not mine, I swear!

B)I hate all this macho sport stuff!

Rock Chef said...

Love the photo of Jake!

A - I wish that dog would stand still so I can sniff its butt!

B - You do know who I am, don't you? One day I'll be King, and then you'll be sorry!

Saz said...

A)'You looking at me' with a robert deNero accent

B) Don't you think we look just a little bit gay?'

TechnoBabe said...

A) If I stand here long enough I will be finished and I didn't even have to lift my leg.

B) Do you want to see which one is Camilla's window?

Rock Chef said...

B - I've just met this new chick - she loves fast cars...

Sorry, bad taste I know...

mrsnesbitt said...

(A) Hmmmm now how do bears catch the salmon?


Will think about B!

Dxxx

chewy said...

Why you... (shove!) Many, many thanks for the promo post. "Keen Colory Critters" is receiving positive feedback.

I guess this contest is off limits to me. (wink) You're receiving some funny, fitting captions.

The Urban Cowboy said...

A) Damn I'm handsome!

B) Damn you're handsome...no, you're handsome!

Leslie: said...

(A) Did I do that?

(B) My balls are bigger than yours!

Joy Palakkal said...

Lovely Photographs and Nice presentation!!
Have a Great Time ahead!!

billy pilgrim said...

a. if i can walk on this stuff the humans will worship me and build temples in my name.

~Babs said...

Oh, I LOVE this post Shrinky!
So very generous of you!
Great photos,,,and you've already gotten so many great captions, I couldn't possibly top them!
I've already ordered a copy of Chewy's book,,,can't wait to get it!

Daffy said...

A) will this one make that annoying squeekie noise too?

B) I wager I shat larger than you!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, I'm no good at captions...but I'll be off to visit Chewy! How wonderful! I love the look of her art! And you are such a supportive friend, dearest Shrinky!!! Really terrific!!! Love you, Janine XO

Skunkfeathers said...

I'm as witty as a door knob when it comes to stuff like this, so I'll just sit back and enjoy reading the real entries ;-)

Jingle said...

wow,
are you okay?
nice to meet you today!

Nancy said...

What is that? Is it a nose? It looks like it has hair and eyes....

Yes, old chum, I am royalty, I just don't look it.

laughingwolf said...

maaaaaaaaaaaaa... how do i stop?


i'm gonna be the ruddy king of england... aren't i? please? mummy?

SJ said...

A) Water water everywhere but there are better things to drink.

B) One day I'll meet the woman of my dreams and we will live happily ever after together _ mean me and the woman - not you and me.
(or)
B) What do you mean I don't look kingly in these?

Fen said...

no captions from me, but I do love the pic of Jake peering into the water!

Michelle H. said...

Going to have to skip the contest. Sorry. Too much happening right now for me to come up with something suitable. But the photos are great!

San said...

Damn, I've read some of the captions and I just can't beat them. If something decent hits me, I'll chime in. I would love to win that book. Where's my Muse when I desperately need her?

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just here to see what's up!! Love you so much! Janine XO

Suldog said...

I'm coming up blank, Shrinky. Well, not totally blank, but in comparison to the wonderful captions already given, I;m afraid I don't have much worthy. Let's try this one, though...

B) So, if I keep this pose, do you think they'll let me be Queen instead of King?

Debbie said...

I don't know if I am witty enough this afternoon to even try to caption those. But the second one did crack me up. And is it just the exposure or does that guy Charles is talking to not look like the BP guy?

chewy said...

I'm back in here for a laugh at the captions.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just wanted to tell you that I stopped to introduce myself to Chewy, and she's TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, dearest Shrinky for the introduction!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Love you!! Janine XO

Sling said...

A)Wow,the shoreline drops off pretty quick..Wait right there Shrinky,..I'll go get help.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Laughing at Jinksy's comment - haw!!